The heart has its
reasons that reason
knows nothing of.

Introduction

Welcome to my blog. Yes, that's right, it's MINE!


Profile

I like rainbows & ice cream.
I like fluffay & cuddly puppies.
I love Autumn, Winter & Spring.
I love gaming. I love food. I love Lee.



Blogs

Alice (xXJuHuaChaXx)
Audrey
BinG (zOoMz)
Clara
Edmund
Eeyore
Eileen (liltootie)
Eric (OreoIceBlend)
Felicia
Jac (Eskyjac)
Jane
Lindy (lindylim)
Lindy
Sara (BabySarazz)
Sherilyn (f1shb0ne)
Stephanie
Tiffy (xNaru)
Ting (OmFgiTzTin9)


Cowboy Caleb
GrabYourFork
Mr Brown
XiaXue
Sheylara
Karen Cheng



Tags
















Memories




Credits

Original Idea : everlastingroses!
Modifications : Me
Header Quote by : Blaise Pascal
Saturday, 19 July 2008 @ 23:00

Veteran actress Lee Heung Kam aka Kam-Jie held a farewell /retirement dinner on Sat, Jul 19 @ Star City.

Mummy asked if I would like to accompany her to another charity event. Apparently the seats belonged to another couple but they were unable to attend. The whole table was paid for by Mr Ron Lim (a very charitable Melbournite restauranteur) and it would look really bad if mummy were to attend alone. So being the *ahem* filial *cough* daughter I am :) I agreed to go!

Yes, I knowingly agreed even though everything would be in Cantonese (I know nuts about the dialect) cos there would be a sit-down dinner and mummy needed the company! Mummy's a hobnobber, u know.

** This entry is pretty photo-intensive.




Kam-Jie




The 2 hosts for the night with King-Tan Yuen (middle)




Kam-Jie's god-daughter.
I was told that she's a well-known singer.



满长红



Friends & fellow colleagues belting out tunes as part of the evening's entertain.




唐伯虎 - If u look carefully, u'll notice King-Tan Yuen (white T-shirt) who also played the role of Shi-Liu in Stephen Chow's 唐伯虎点秋香.




This old lady (that Kam-Jie's speaking to) donated AUD$10,000 on the spot.
Yes, that's right. AUD$10K!

The total amount collected that night was AUD$108,000.




All monies raised were donated to an old folks' home where Kam-Jie was actively supporting.

I do remember watching TVB's dramas when I was younger and in Singapore and Kam-jie used to play the matriach in most of them. I do wish I'd grasp the dialect sooner... mebbe this is as good a time as any to start? :)

Realised that need to lose weight too if I wanna keep attending functions (>.>) need to look really good to *ahem* impress...

Labels: